Monday, June 16, 2008

Plumber

Plumber is our hampster who is adored by our girls. He is our only pet and therefore very valued. While we had a babysitter, Plumber got loose. We didn't know about it until the next morning and by then he could have been anywhere. We searched the upstairs and determined he had to have gotten downstairs some how. The basement is unfinished and has a lot of storage boxes. There was no way of finding him. After the second night, I was very concerned that Plumber was gone for good. But the third night I found him sitting at the bottom of the stairs just pleading to be picked up. I put him in his cage with fresh water and a full bowl of food. Plumber's survivor instincts kicked in and within minutes he stuffed all the food in his cheeks. We filled the bowl again and again he stuffed it all in. He looked so funny and his cheeks were hard as rocks. By the next morning he was just fine.

Thank goodness! I would have had two very sad girls.

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Poor Plumber, he's so cute, my kids are trying to talk me into a bunny or hamster or something along those lines. I don't know, stuff like that makes me think I shouldn't do it, I know I would lose the little rodent. I'm glad you found him, his cheeks look a little like E's when he was a wee babe!
Love you!