Friday, October 17, 2008

The Holidays

Well first of all, the entire Scherer family is coming to our house for Thanksgiving this year. So we HAVE to have our basement at least partially finished. We have made a lot of trips to Lowes and hope to be painting by the end of next week. Just in case anyone wants to come help!!! Just kidding. But...I would like some ideas of fun things to do for Thanksgiving. I have some cool ideas for centerpieces and name place settings. But if you know of cool recipes or fun family activities to do for Thanksgiving I would love some ideas. Bret said the other day, "I want our family to have a lot of fun." Even his sister from California is coming and this is Pocatello so if you have any ideas to help me make it fun, please share.

Also we are planning to have Ellie's Baptism and Leslie's Baby blessing together that first weekend in January, the 3rd. We thought us Peck's could all get together then and exchange Christmas gifts or just hang out. We will have plenty of space because the basement will be done (well two rooms won't be finished but they will have beds). I am sure we could also use Gigi and Steven's house. So if you want to come, put it on your calendar.

Love you all

3 comments:

Nickie said...

One of the things we do every thanksgiving is, I set a small candle at every place setting, and then towards the end of the meal, we light one of the candles. The person sitting by that candle has to name 3 things they are thankful for, then they light the next person's candle and they have to name 3 things and so on... it's actually a pretty cool tradition and something I always look forward to.
By the way, loved the pics from your vacation! You are such a beautiful woman! I miss you!

Kami P. said...

Thats awesome Ash. If anybody can take on that kind of caos and responsibility over the holidays it'd be you.
Look at the FamilyFun magazine you shoul've gotten for some Thanksgiving ideas for the kids. And if for some reason you didn't get it then just go online at familyfun.com. And then go to like marthastewart.com for more tradition ideas.
Love ya,
Kami

Unknown said...

Hey Ash- I just wanted to volunteer my house too. It is only about 20 miles from yours, but if you run out of room or if anyone needs an escape they are welcome to come hang out at my house for a while! Let me know what I can do to help! I am so excited that the family party is closer this year! Jax can't wait to see all the cousins again!